The hotel is situated on the fringe of Gorey, a charming little port on the islands tranquil south east coast, four miles from the island capital of St. Helier. The hotel is set in its own grounds away from the main road, directly opposite the 4 mile sandy beach of The Royal Bay of Grouville. On leaving the hotel grounds, you cross the main road and you are on the beach! This is a perfect beach for swimming with various water sports being available.
Gorey Village (which has restaurants, shops and the Jersey Pottery) lies directly behind the hotel. The Royal Jersey Golf Club is just a few minutes walk away. Just a ten minute walk away, along the sea front promenade, is the old port of Gorey which lies beneath the towering ramparts of Mont Orgueil Castle. The port of Gorey with its various bars, restaurants and shops is a popular yachting harbour and ferry terminal for boats to the nearby French ports of Carteret and Port Bail which are only a few miles away. Buses stop outside the hotel for the 25 minute journey into St. Helier.
- Gardens with bird aviary
- Large private car park
- Cocktail Bar Lounge
- Snacks and Light Lunches available
- Entertainment two or three nights a week (May to September)
- Ironing Room
- In House Laundry facilities
- Internet access on hotel PC in Reception
- We will usually accept dogs by prior arrangement for a small daily charge
All public areas are situated on the Ground floor. Where there are a few steps - ramps are in place. Large car park for 40 cars at the front of the hotel with no steps into the hotel.
Old Court House Hotel has a total of 58 bedrooms:
- 50 Twin/Double bedded rooms
- 4 single rooms
- 4 family rooms.
Nine of these rooms are on the Ground floor (5 with a terrace). All other bedrooms are situated on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd floor. Thirty bedrooms have a balcony or terrace and are all sea facing but (only have glimpses of the sea).
All rooms have:
- private bathroom (bath with overhead shower)
- Morning Tea & Coffee making tray
- Colour Television with normal channels + 4 satellite channels
- Direct Dial Telephone
- Baby Monitoring
- All bedrooms are non-smoking
9 Ground floor rooms available. One room offers suitable bathroom access. Remainder offers limited bathroom access. Steps leading into ground floor dining room, bar and lounge.
There is an in-house restaurant serving table d'hote and a Chef's Special menu for dinner. There is also a Cocktail Bar Lounge and snacks and light lunches are available.
Outdoor swimming pool and Sun Terrace with loungers (Heated May - September)
Leisure facilities and nearby attractions
- 18 Hole Golf Course (0.5 mile)
- Various Water sports - windsurfing/sailing (on beach opposite)
- Surfing (St Ouen)
- 9 Hole Golf Course (3 miles)
- Driving Range (2 miles)
- Mont Orgueil Castle (0.25 mile)
- Horse Riding (4 miles)
- Fishing - seawater (St Helier)
- Scuba Diving (Bouley Bay)
- Water Skiing / Jet Skiing (St Aubin)
- Interactive Museums (St Helier)
- Biking (can be delivered to hotel)
- Coastal / Country Walks (nearby and island wide)
- Tours - Island Historical - can be booked at hotel
- France Day Trips - can be booked at hotel
- Other Channel Island day trips - can be booked at hotel
- Restaurants - at least ten within 15 minutes walk from the hotel