The John Hotel comprises of five period properties built around 1815 and are listed by English Heritage for architectural and historical purposes. Every apartment has a different layout and the plans shown are not representative of all apartments. Some apartments have seperate kitchens, some have a patio and some have a split level arrangement.
The John Howard Hotel is an oasis of tranquillity and elegance in the heart of Central London. Located in a tree lined boulevard in the exclusive Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea the John Howard Hotel offers a choice of 40 luxurious bedrooms and 12 self-contained apartments.
The Manor at the Gate Restaurant is the in-house restaurant at Best Western John Howard Hotel with a la carte and set menus featuring a wide range of dishes and a sumptuous buffet breakfast every morning, incorporating a traditional cooked English breakfast. For pre-dinner drinks the friendly bar is the ideal place to relax, or enjoy a drink here before a night out in London.
Close to fashionable High Street Kensington and Knightsbridge, Harrods, Harvey Nichols and other famous designer stores, the John Howard is only a few minute's walk to Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Kensington Palace, the Natural History Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, the Science Museum the world renowned Royal Albert Hall. Also within easy access to Earls Court and Olympia exhibition halls, London's West End shopping and theatres and London's vibrant night life.
So if you're visiting London for a short break, a romantic outing, a family holiday, a business trip or going to a concert at the Royal Albert Hall enjoy a combination of old world elegance and modern day comforts at the John Howard Hotel. Luxurious en-suite bedrooms, 24 hour room service await you at this exclusive hotel. Our friendly staff are always on hand to offer efficient and prompt service, ensuring you get the most out of you stay in London.
John Howard Apartments
The John Howard offers twelve traditionally furnished apartments for families or business travellers wanting greater privacy, space to entertain, or for those wanting the privacy of an apartment but the luxury of 24 hour room service and a restaurant. The John Howard has 4 two bedroom apartments, 4 one bedroom apartments and 4 studio apartments.
Apartment Services And Facilities
- Own kitchen equipped with oven, hob, microwave and refrigerator.
- A range of cooking utensils and tableware, kettle and toaster.
- Daily maid service including change of linen and providing fresh towels.
- Same day personal laundry and dry cleaning service Iron and ironing board.
- TV with satellite channels DVD/Video player on request
- Trouser press
- Complimentary toiletries
- complimentary daily newspaper
- free Internet access hotspots in lobby and restaurant
- Data ports in room
- Baby cot free of charge on request
- Restaurant on site - Manor at the Gate
- 24 hour concierge - luggage, theatre tickets, tours, car hire, limousine service, taxis...
- 24 hour room service
- 24 hour manned reception,
- Portable air conditioning units on request
- Safety deposit boxes in lobby
- Secretarial services
- Lift from ground floor to fifth
- Numerous stores including grocery store, supermarket, pharmacy all close by
- Starter packs available on request - milk, bread, cereal, eggs, juice, butter, fruit.
- Fruit basket, flowers, champagne & chocolates can be organised for that special occasion.
- Close to bus stops and underground station, Garage parking close by.
Directions by Rail
We are within easy walking distance from Gloucester Road Underground Station which is on the Piccadilly, Circle and District lines. You can take the Piccadilly line directly to London Heathrow Airport or you can take the London Heathrow Express to Paddington Station and connect on the Circle line to Gloucester Road Underground Station. For connections to London Gatwick Airport take the Gatwick Express from Victoria Station which is on the Circle, District and Victoria lines.